03 August 2006

I'll take one of those

This afternoon I noticed a weapon slung over someone's shoulder that I had not ever seen in person but I recognized immediately:

Gun enthusiasts will recognize (as I did) that this is the Heckler & Koch MP5. Why do I care? Simply because this is a classic among firearms. It would be in the firearm hall of fame, if there was one. It is the standard weapon for tactical teams, law enforcement (SWAT) and military special operations. As one website puts it, the MP5 is "[t]the standard by which all others are judged."

I think any gun enthusiast who hasn't already fired an MP5 would salivate to get their hands on one. The MP5's diopter sights are said to be very easy to learn. I don't expect to have the chance to fire one of these, but if the chance came, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I won't go on (too much) more about the MP5, but if you're interested, you can read more here, here, here and here.
Post a Comment