One of the principle issues surrounded the fact that the police department sent the SWAT team to arrest someone for a failure-to-appear (FTA) on a probation violation (added to the fact that his probation had since ended).
Knowing that there was a warrant for his arrest, he tweeted this:
Anyone trying to capture me, ur gonna have to kill me, before I kill you. I'm a nice guy, but I'm a bad, bad man. Dangerous us, so don't try(image here in case the tweet gets deleted)
— Baltimore Spectator (@BaltoSpectator) December 1, 2012
He also tweeted a lot of other things, including other threats of violence, and about his impending death.
Additionally, he has a conviction for assault and a weapons charge.
Are you surprised, then, when the police showed up with a SWAT team?
More importantly, given the situation, what the police knew, what he knew, do you think the tweet above considered protected speech?
No comments:
Post a Comment