29 July 2006

"Pimp" my M-16

We were issued M-16A2s. Not the newest variety of course. Many soldiers have M-4s which would have been ideal, but we have what we have.

My goal over the past month has been to make it as useful as possible.

The issued Blackhawk sling is double-looped, easily adjustable with a quick release, and nice for dismounted operations, but we don't do that all that often. And it gets caught on almost anything in the vehicle. Sling removed...

The plastic handguard is crap so I took it off and replaced it with a Knight's Armament weapon adapter rail system.

The rail has an adjustable vertical handgrip and a Surefire Tactical light.

I also added a buttstock magazine holder which is convenient if you need that second magazine fast!

Lastly, I'm thinking about an EOTech holographic sight. Very nice, but unsure if I can get one through supply. They are pricey so I wouldn't want to have to pick one up myself!
Post a Comment