17 January 2013

On WMATA, do whatever you want (because they don't care)

While riding the Metro this afternoon, two gentlemen (and I use that term loosely) got onto the train with food and proceeded to start eating. A (brave) passenger sitting behind me got up and approached them, politely reminding them that eating was not permitted. The two guys laughed in his face, then ignored him and continued to eat (and have a hearty laugh about the whole incident).

They can do this because Metro rarely enforces its own rules. I have ridden the Metro on and off for parts of two decades and never seen these rules enforced. In fact, on more than one occasion, I have seen Metro employees as the ones breaking their own rules. Do as I say, not as I do? More like: do whatever you want, because they don't care.
Post a Comment