01 December 2014

All good things must come to an end

I've been writing Plain English summaries of Supreme Court cases for a while now. By last count, I have written nearly 230 of them over the last few years. As I wrote last year:
The time that goes into each particular page varies, but on average I spent about 30-60 minutes during the initial write-up.
This is a lot of time! Something on the order of 75 cases per year, plus other summaries, at 30-60 minutes (or more), takes a huge amount of resources. I'm reaching the point where the return is no longer worth my investment. I had hoped to be able to spin off this effort from my blog into something bigger, but that just hasn't panned out (of course, if this is something you're interested in, please let me know and I'll be happy to reconsider). So my plan is to finish off this term, through June 2015. After that, I plan to discontinue blog posts for every case, but I don't have specific details on what I want to do after that.

You can view the full body my Plain English summaries by clicking on the tabs above for the term in question; or just click here (OT12, OT13, OT14).

I have really enjoyed spending the last few years working on Plain English. I hope that you have enjoyed it, too.

Post a Comment