02 June 2016

Book Review: Sudden Mission by Guy L. Pace


My friend and fellow veteran Guy Pace is an author and I recently picked up the Kindle version of his first book, Sudden Mission. I don't often read fiction and I had no idea what this book was about! I don't write many reviews either, but I thought this one was worth it.

Sudden Mission is a story about a group of teenagers on a journey across the United States to complete a mission for God. I found myself reading the book in one hand while following along the journey on Google Maps in the other.  It's a Christian story set in modern times and designed for young adults. I genuinely enjoyed this book, probably more so because it is much different from the sometimes dense non-fiction that I often read.  As a result, it was easy reading and I finished the book in a few hours.

None of this detracts from the powerful message that Guy has interwoven into the story. The teenagers' friendship and relationship with God is pivotal to their mission. Most importantly, Sudden Mission is about their faith and how it guides their journey.

I'm looking forward to the next book: Nasty Leftovers!
Post a Comment