19 July 2006

Babyhood

As you might have already gathered from the "Mike Jr." counting clock up top (my apologies if you're reading this via MySpace, there is no clock there, yet!), my wife and I are expecting a baby. Along those lines, she sent me Paul Reiser's Babyhood. Its a book I probably wouldn't have picked up myself, but its relatively short (<200 pages), so I figured it couldn't hurt.

I started it last night and already made it through halfway. It is very easy reading, and I expect to finish it off tonight. It's a very funny book--I often found myself laughing out loud at some of the passages and agreeing with a lot of the things he said. Its a comedic book, for sure, but underneath that comedy is a seriousness that really hits home.

As I have stated before, I am pretty picky with books, but I would recommend this to any expectant father. A way to lighten up your day, but at the same time, understand what this deal is really all about!
Post a Comment