05 September 2015

2015 Philadelphia Eagles 53-man roster (FINAL)


On Thursday evening, I made my final predictions for this year's roster. I was hoping to improve on last year's 49/53 performance. Here are predictions from Thursday, edited to match the final, 53-man roster...which actually stands at 52 now; it appears the Eagles are looking for a third QB. Players who made the team despite not being on my list are in italics. I correctly picked 49/52.

QB (3): Bradford, Sanchez, Tebow
RB (4): Murray, Mathews, Sproles, Barner
WR (6): Matthews, Huff, Agholor, Cooper, Austin, Ajirotutu
TE (3): Celek, Ertz, Burton
C (2): Kelce, Molk
G (3): Barbre, Gardner, Tobin
T (4): Peters, Johnson, Andrews, Kelly

DL (7): Cox, Logan, Thornton, Bair, Allen, Curry, Hart
ILB (4): Kendricks, Alonso, Ryans, Hicks
OLB (5): Barwin, Graham, Braman, Jones, Smith
CB (5): Maxwell, Carroll, Rowe, Biggers, Watkins, Rice
S: (4) Jenkins, Thurmond, Maragos, Prosinski, Couplin

P: Jones
PK: Parkey
LS: Dorenbos

I predicted five players on the bubble who would make the team (QB Tebow, RB Barner, LB Smith, CB Watkins, S Prosinski). Of those, Tebow, Watkins and Prosinski didn't make it. A slight surprise that both Tebow and Barkley are gone, but not shocking. Only Prosinski is a real surprise to me. Although I had him on the bubble, I thought his special teams performance since he was picked up last year would help him hold down the last safety spot. Obviously it did not. Watkins was a true bubble player so while I had him making it, it does not surprise me at all that he was cut.

I predicted five players who would be the first  five out, or essentially my five toughest cuts. These are the players on the other side of the bubble who wouldn't make it (QB Barkley, TE Tomlinson, OLB Goode, S Reynolds, S Couplin). Barkley was traded to the Cardinals and presumably would have been cut; the coaches seem to have preferred Couplin to Prosinski and Reynolds so Couplin will end up being the only "toughest cut" who made the team.
Post a Comment