26 October 2010

"Locking up child sexual predators before they strike!"

Baltimore County State's Attorney Scott Shellenberger is running a radio ad about sex offenders.  He talks about proactive prosecution by saying that he will be "locking up child sexual predators before they strike."  Yeah, go get 'em!  Wait, what?  How can you lock up someone before they do something?  That's like saying your crime-fighting platform will be to "lock up murderers before they kill!"

I heard this ad yesterday and I honestly thought I misunderstood it, so I didn't really think much of it.  Then, I heard it again today so I made an effort to check the language.

This YouTube video has some of the same language, but he doesn't go all Minority Report like the radio ad.  Unfortunately, I haven't found any audio of the ad, yet.
Post a Comment